Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for individuals over the age of 19, and we welcome applications from all sections of the population. Some applicants are anxious about returning to study after a prolonged gap, but we offer a high level of tutorial support and encouragement and our students have experienced a great deal of success.
The Certificate in Counselling Studies is suitable for those applicants who have successfully completed the Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK-L2) and who wish to embark on validated Counselling training. Those applicants who have not completed Level 2 will need to complete a Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) form.
Candidate Entry Requirements for the Certificate in Counselling (CST-L3)
- Able to translate intra-personal experience into language
- Able to benefit from self-development
- Showing emotional stability
- Showing evidence of personal insight
- Able to form a Counselling relationship
- Showing awareness of difference and diversity
- Able to cope with course content
- Able to identify reasons for training beyond personal development
- Motivated towards developing as a Counselling practitioner
- Suitable references
- For more information refer to the CPCAB website
When does it take place?
The Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST-L3) comprises 90 hours and is taught on Thursdays from 8.30am till 4.30pm from the end of January till early June each academic year. The fact that it follows on from the Certificate in Counselling Skills, means that it’s possible to complete both certificate courses in one year.
How much does it cost?
You can find a breakdown of current fees by course type here.
How do I apply?
You can apply by completing an online application form using the link below.
There is an equal consideration date for all applications received by the 15 November. Counselling staff will consider these applications on that date and applicants will be notified within 10 working days if they have been invited for an interview. Any applications that are received after this date will be considered on a first come first serve basis if there are still places available on the course. The closing date for applications is the 31 December.
Please contact the admissions department for more information.
Telephone: 07425 716696