Spurgeon’s is a leading theological college in the UK. We offer a range of courses suitable for anyone with an interest in theology ranging from church members who simply want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of their faith through to those who are studying for a PhD.
Your tutors will not only be experts in their field, but will have also spent time in pastoral ministry and know what it’s like to lead a church. Many tutors are full-time so they can fully support you outside the actual classes.
Studying at Spurgeon’s gives you a wonderful opportunity to be part of a diverse and vibrant student body, which is representative of the wide range of evangelical, pentecostal and charismatic church backgrounds that look to the College to help them equip the rising generation of Christian leaders.
Spurgeon’s has a reputation for being the ‘College of Choice’ – offering a wide range of options to suit your particular interests and preferred way to study, given your personal circumstances:
- Train for ministry full-time either as a College-based or church-based student or on a bi-vocational basis.
- Study theology at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Study one day a week and keep your job while working towards a certificate, diploma or degree.
- Work at your own pace in your spare time through Spurgeon’s Online.
- Take more or fewer modules at a time depending on your circumstances.
- Choose from a suite of Taught or In Service Master’s courses.
Evangelical and Rooted in the Bible
The life and ministry of our founder, CH Spurgeon, were firmly rooted in the Bible. This impressive heritage, going back over 150 years, is central to shaping the character and purpose of Spurgeon’s College today.
- Members of our teaching staff are committed to biblical scholarship and to engaging with the Bible’s testimony to Jesus as the living Word of God.
- Among our staff you will meet some of the country’s leading, cutting edge evangelical scholars and thinkers.
- We read Scripture together in chapel each day as we worship God
At Spurgeon’s you won’t get lost in the crowd. The friendly atmosphere and caring community will help to ensure you are valued as the person God created you to be.
- Pastoral Groups, each led by a member of staff, offer the opportunity for students to talk about their experiences, joys and frustrations and pray together.
- Members of staff are accessible and supportive.
- Many students keep in touch after leaving through College Conference, our alumni organisation.
Spurgeon’s courses will give you the tools you need to make a difference in your church or ministry.
- Modules are designed to highlight practical applications for life and ministry.
- Students have the opportunity to practise skills in preaching and leading worship through placements.
- The Transcultural Mission module gives an opportunity to experience mission in other cultures at first hand.
Committed to academic excellence
At Spurgeon’s we believe that rigorous scholarship benefits the Kingdom and glorifies God.
- All courses above the level of Spurgeon’s Award are externally validated.
- Spurgeon’s staff publish regularly in a wide range of academic journals and leading publishers like IVP, T. and T. Clark, SCM and Paternoster publish their books.
YOUR FUTURE STARTS HEREAPPLY NOW